Sunday, October 4, 2009

September 11, Walk-a Thon, Balloon Festival, Bishopric and Cousins

Lots to say in this post...

Every September 11, my kids school has a short, patriotic program. It is always very moving and touching. This year, the 2nd graders were able to sing two songs during the program. They did so great!!
The kids school also has a Walk-A-Thon each year to raise money for the school. It is usually held in the spring, but was changed to the fall this year. Two weeks or so before the walk-a-thon, the students are ask to get pledges or donations. On the day of the walk-a-thon, each grade walks laps for 20 minutes. It's a really fun activity for the kids
Lainey loving the walk-a-thon!
A little chit-chat during the walk-a-thon. She walked 10 laps.
I was counting laps while Brielle was walking so I neglected to take any pics of her walking, but her are some pics of her eating her popcicle after she walked her laps.
Great Job Brielle! She walked 18 laps!
Every September, Cedar City host a hot air balloon festival. We have a fantastic view from our house. Here are Brielle and Lainey watching the balloons before going to school.
The balloons are so cool!
Another pic of the balloons.
Our ward got split in September. Because of the split, one of the counselors in our bishopric is now in another ward. Well, we got a call from the Stake Executive Secretary saying that the Stake President wanted to meet with Travis. We came up with all kinds of reasons that he wanted to meet with Travis, but we both new deep down what it was all about. Yep, Travis is now the 2nd counselor in our bishopric. He is going to do a great job. Funny thing is that he didn't even own a suit, so we had to hurry up and buy him a couple.
Travis and the kids ready to go to church. I think Travis looks pretty dang good in his suit!!
One of my cousins got married on September 26. I took this picture at the wedding dinner. It's my kids with their cousins. They had a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Mills Family said...

We are so THRILLED to have Travis in the Bishopric!! Jay has always told me (over and over) at how much he enjoys Travis's personality. Jay and I just truly feel that he is such a kind person! He's already doing SO great!!!!! Well, we just love your whole family!!!!

Channa said...

Travis will be so great in the bishopric! It will be so neat for your whole family!

I love hot air balloons too! I keep hinting to Bryce that we need to go for a ride... :)