Monday, January 5, 2009

COOPER IS OURS!!

YEAH!! We finalized Cooper's adoption today. It was a great feeling. We had to be at the courthouse at 9 am. I have to say that neither Travis or I had ever been in a courtroom until today. It was a little intimidating at first but everyone there was great. My parents were able to come too. We are so HAPPY. After when we were driving the girls to school they kept saying to Cooper, "We are so happy that you're ours now and no one can take you away." We have our sealing scheduled for January 31st and then we will bless him on February 1st. If anyone is reading this and is considering adoption, please do it! It is a great experience and if you need help or advice, I'd love to help!!

Us with Judge Walton after the proceedings.

Us with our lawyer, Justin Wayment.

The Fam!

Grammy and Grampy.

YAY!! He's ours!!

10 comments:

Tina said...

I seriously need to get my rear end in gear and get our profile activated again. Seeing your pictures is serious motivation! Thanks for sharing.

Brooklyn said...

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!! GIVE COOP HUGS FROM US!!!!
ps. love coop's new haircut.

Kristi said...

Oh I bet that is such a relief to have done and out of the way!!! Congrats!!!

Jenny said...

I'm so happy for you. He is an adorable addition to your family.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Congrats Jillynne...and I'll mark down that date if you still would like me to take pictures of your family! :)

So happy for you! :)

Kristin said...

Oh yeah. What a cute family that you have!

Amy Roper said...

That is wonderful! Congratulations! You are such a cute little family! Cooper looks so cute with his new haircut! I am glad you had a Merry Christmas and I am so happy for you that Cooper is YOURS!
~Amy

Kim said...

Congratulations you guys! What a cute family!

Erin Shakespear said...

Congratulations, Jillynne! That is very very cool. :)

The Butterfields said...

Congratulations! That is so wonderful for your family!