Friday, December 5, 2008

Travis is Home and Happy Thanksgiving

Don't ya love this pic. This is my Grandma Dot holding Cooper. She just turned 83 years old and has always been a great example to me. I feel lucky that I've been able to grow up and live in the same town as my grandparents. Grandma Dot likes to hold Cooper and she will sometimes sing to him.
Cooper setting in the high chair. He is 5 months old! Can you believe it and get this, he has a tooth!! It looks like another tooth is going to pop thru anyday.
Cooper has finally started eating solids. He started with cereal but hasn't really liked it a lot. So we've started him on vegies and the boy eats a bottle of them every night!
Cooper thinks he's old enough to feed himself!
Cooper fell asleep on the way home from chruch. He looked so cute that I had to take a picture. Speaking of pictures we've sent letters and pictures to our birthmom ever since August. We are suppose to do this for 12 months. The first set of pictures and letter was intercepted by our birth mom's mom and she refused to give them to her. So she told us to tell the agency to send them to a PO Box she said she gave the agency. Well to make a long story short we found out last week that she hasn't got one picture or letter and that the agency has tried countless times to contact our birthmom but she won't return their calls. The stuff we've sent is just setting at the agency until they can get a correct address. We've decided that we are not going to spend our time and money getting pictures and letters together because obviously our birthmom really doesn't care about getting them Do you think we're horrible for doing this? If the agency calls and says they have an address and that they are going to send our stuff to her then we may think about sending more stuff but until then we're not!
Brielle is playing basketball. I have to say that I HATE the shirts they have to wear! Brielle isn't too impressed either but so far she's enjoyed going and learning new things! She is also doing quite well at the violin and I need to take a pic of her playing and post it sometime.
Lainey is dancing. She danced at a craft fair a couple of weeks ago and did very well. This is her after her performance!
The kids and I went to Vegas to pick Travis up on the 25th. I told Brielle and Lainey to make sure they used the bathroom before we left because we weren't stopping. Anyone who knows Lainey knows she has an extremely small bladder. Well we get all the way to the outskirts of Vegas and I'm thinking "This trip is awesome. No traffic, Cooper is still sleeping and no one has had to go to the potty!" Well then things all changed fast. Right before 'D Street' traffic was at a stand still and it's that way all the way to 'Warm Springs'. Cooper started screaming because he was hungry and Lainey had to pee so bad she started crying. Our exit was 'Blue Diamond' so as soon as traffic started moving again I put the pedal to the metal and got to Trav's cousin's house just in time! Travis was outside waiting for us and I got out of the car and said, "Take the kids!!!" He was more than willing to do so! We got all situated and decided to go and eat. We ended up at Chuck E Cheese. The girls had a blast. Oh and we're so glad Travis is back!!!
Brielle and Lainey riding the virtual roller coaster.
More roller coaster fun.
Travis' cousin Shawna has a pool and hot tub. It was raining but she still let the girls take a dip. They had a lot of fun.
Cooper's first Thanksgiving! We went over to Trav's parents house. All of Travis' sisters were there with their families. The food was great. Travis and the kids stayed there for a couple of days but I caught a ride back home with Travis' sister so I could do some Black Friday shopping.
Getting ready for the feast.
Cooper having a great time.
On our way to Grandma's house for turkey dinner!

5 comments:

Mills Family said...

He there! So, I LOVED reading your post! Those pics of all your kids are so cute! It is so fun to see what your kids are all up to and it sounds like you guys are keeping pretty busy with all the extra curricular activities! I love it! I just picture back when we were next door apartment neighbors and just wondering where our futures were planning to take us! Now, you have a busy cute family and we are neighbors again! Anyway, we are so happy that Travis is back home with you guys again too! Talk to ya soon, Lisa

Tina said...

Wow, can you believe that your little guy is growing up so fast? He sure is a cutie!

Zach and Shanna said...

Darling pictures! I love all the little stories too. And next time you go to Vegas, make sure you don't think about how well it's going... ;)

Kristi said...

Oh how fun!!! I love the picutes they are too cute! Cooper is getting so big! Wow how time flys! what a great Thanksgiving!

Sundi @ The Life of a Cheap Chickadee said...

Have you noticed that in that picture at the top of your blog Santa and Cooper are making the exact same face?