I've been thinking and wondering all day today. My day started with a phone call at 7:56 am from my friend Chari. I knew something was wrong because on Friday she told me that she was going to sleep in on Saturday and stay in her PJ's until noon. When I picked up the phone I could tell by her voice that something was horribly wrong. She then proceeded to tell me that her sister-in-law, Valerie Imlay, had been killed in a plane crash along with Dr Ellsworth, a local dermatologist. I was in shock and didn't even know what to say. After I hung up the phone I immediately got on the internet to learn that a plane had crashed and there were 5 confirmed dead. As the morning went on the number went up to 10 dead. Unbelievable! I realized that I knew who 5 of these people were. I had gone to Dr Ellsworth and his P.A. Dave Goddard a few times for skin problems. I also knew who Dr Ellsworth's son, Dallin, was as well as Dave's daughter, Cecilee, from my time working at a local orthodontist office where they were patients. Valerie Imlay is my friend, Chari's, sister-in-law. My dad worked with Valerie's husband for a time and I had heard my parents talk highly of both Valerie and Mark (her husband). I had also met Valerie twice this past year at a "watch party" and a baptism. Such a classy and beautiful lady. And although I didn't know who the others were, my hearts go out to their families. As I was talking to Chari later in the morning, I told her that this amazing group of people was obviously suppose to leave this world together. I've been tearing up all day just thinking about it. Grant it, my town has about 25,000 people in it, but I think just about everyone here knew one of this great people or knows someone who does. Please keep the families of these 10 amazing people in your thoughts and prayers.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Jillynne - thank you for sharing. I saw the story on the news last night - Dr. Ellsworth was our family dermatologist and Dallin is my age. Dallin and I met when we attended a summer leadership in high school (Governors Honors Academy). What a horrible and tragic story. Their families are in my prayers too.
What a sad sad story! I can't believe how many people were involved. I feel so sorry for all the familes!
I just finished eclipse about an hour ago. I already bought Breaking Dawn so I will start it today. I hope she does end up with Edward in the end. Are you team Edward or Team Jacob? I'll be sad when Im done with the last book...I want them to go on and on!!!
I had heard that it was Ben Imlay (from our ward)'s mom that died, I didn't know Chari was related. How sad for everyone! I'm so sorry for your loss too. I didn't know any of them personally.
Post a Comment