Friday, August 15, 2008

Love it, Hate it...

School started on Thursday. I love getting ready for the new school year. Shopping for new clothes, haircuts, all of the fun anticipation of starting a new year and getting into some kind of routine. But then the first day comes and the kids go to school and I come home and I hate not having my girls home. Yesterday at about 10:30 am I looked at the clock and thought to myself, only 5 more hours and I can go and pick up Brielle and Lainey. I'm sure I'll start getting into a routine, but I really miss my girls. Brielle is getting so big. She is in 3rd grade. Her teacher is Mrs Tobler. I don't know her very well, but she is a very structured teacher and Brielle does very well in that type of environment. Lainey is in 1st grade and her teacher is Mrs Prisbrey. I'm not worried about Lainey at all. Since Mrs Prisbrey is one of my best friends, she knows Lainey very well. Last night Lainey said to my mom, "1st grade was awesome." One good thing yesterday is Cooper actually took a nap without getting interupted by his sisters. He slept for about 2 1/2 hours. Hope that happens again today.

Brielle ready to go!
Lainey looking cute for 1st grade!
Excited to go!!
The kids!


6 comments:

Brooklyn said...

They looked so cute for their first day! Love the haircuts too! Brook starts on the 25th. She has been getting so bored so she is definitely ready to go back but I don't want her too!!! WAAA!!!!

Amy Roper said...

Looks like they were excited about going back to school! They are growing up so fast! It's a love/hate thing for me, too! It's always good to get back into a routine, but so hard to say goodbye to summer and have to wake up early every day! Have a great year!
~Amy

Tina said...

Isn't it so sad to think that our little ones are in 1st grade. I had the hardest time dropping him off the first day.

Kindra said...

Your girls are getting so big! They are darling! Chloee started Kindergarten! CRAZY!

Channa said...

Cute girls! I love first day of school pictures.

Zach and Shanna said...

I love your blog! It's so cute. Darling pictures of your kids. My girls start school tomorrow & I'm having a love/hate thing going on right now too.