Anyone who knows my Lainey well, knows she says some of the funniest things. My mom started journaling some of the things Lainey says on her computer about 3 years ago and has them labeled as "Laineyisms". So last night Travis is out back with Brielle and Lainey opening boxes with our new swingset/playarea. There are about a bizzillion pieces to it, but eventually it will get put together.
Anyways, they are out back like I said and I am in the bathroom, umm doing what people usually do in the bathroom. I hear Travis say, "Lainey, go tell Mom I need a tape measure." Seconds later I here the back door open and shut and Lainey walking towards the bathroom. I yell, "Lainey, I'm in the bathroom. Tell Dad I'll get the tape measure when I'm done." Lainey yells, "Okay" and runs off. At that second I get this intense urge to yell, "LAINEY DON'T TELL DAD WHERE I AM." Well right when I'm thinking that in my head, I hear Lainey open the back door and yell, "DAD, MOM'S ON THE POT." Okay, not too bad. I can live with that. But then I hear her finish, "GIVING IT ALL SHE'S GOT."
I immediately finish my business in the bathroom and hurry and look out my bedroom window. Yep, sure enough in my neighbor's yard I see about 5 heads and not kid heads, grown up heads. I am dying of embarassment because I heard the whole thing inside my house and these people are right over our fence. I called my mom to inform her that I would start living as a hermit ASAP and never leave my house again. But the more I've thought of it, the more I just laugh about it . Lainey just was speaking the truth I guess. The kid cracks me up!!



9 comments:
Hilarious! I'm really sorry I missed that! She makes me laugh at my house too.
That is so funny! It must be the age. I can't count how many times Garrett has embarrassed me one way or another.
That is hilarious...and just our luck! I heard a cool rumor from your dad telling my mom today! I hope it's true...but I won't spill my guts on your comments page...but GOOD LUCK with it all!
SOOOO funny!
Ya gotta love the things kids say. Life would be way to boring without them.
Let's see if I can get this to work for once . . . That is so funny! Kids say the funniest things! That is great that your Mom is writing them down!
Oh my gosh! That is great I am so glad you made me laugh today!
Okay that story is worth admitting I clicked on your blog to lurk. I am laughing so hard! Loved it!
funny little girl! Don't worry, Brook has done far worse things to me. Just smile and wave next time you see your neighbors...smile and wave!
Post a Comment