Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Summer,Summer, Summer

I thought I would post pics of how much the girls have grown over the past school year. Here is Brielle on the 1st day of 2nd Grade.
Lainey on the 1st day of Kindergarten.
Cute Girls on the LAST DAY of school! They've grown so much!!
Dance Review
Lainey
Brielle

Brielle and Lainey are out of school for what we thought was SUMMER VACATION!! Umm, someone forgot to tell Mother Nature that it isn't February anymore. It's been so cold, but the Weatherman has said that the temps are coming up, THANK GOODNESS!! It's hard to believe that the school year is over. It was GREAT!! The girls were both sad that they can't go to school anymore, but they are happy that they will still be able to see their teachers this summer. Brielle's teacher plays Bunko with me and since I am hosting Bunko in June, Brielle is happy to be able to see Mrs Griffiths then. Lainey's teacher, Mrs Vasi, just lives a street over from us and Lainey told her that we are going to have her and her girls over for a swimming party as soon as we get grass in our backyard. Lainey is excited for that.


The girls had their dance review on May 19. They both did 4 dances. I absolutely love watching them. They both did very well. I usually have to beg them to take dance every year, but they've both told me that they LOVE dance and want to take it again next year. YEAH, no more begging!!


Memorial Day was cold, but good. I started a day off with a walk while listening to some patriotic music on my I-Pod. Then I got home, cleaned and then got ready for the day. Trav and I took the girls to McDonalds for lunch and then it was off to the cemetaries. We went to the Parowan and Minersville cemetaries. My mom, grandpa and aunt also came. It was fun. I love walking through cemetaries and looking at the really old headstones.


I am trying to figure out why I'm a little onery today. Well, I think I've finally come up with an answer. On this day for the past 2 years we've been in DISNEYLAND. We usually fly or drive to California on Memorial Day and then go to Disneyland for the next 2 or 3 days. Well with gas prices so dang high, we decided not to do Disneyland this year and I'm bummed. I'm actually looking on the internet to see if I can by chance see any great airline deals. It probably is a lost cause. We may must end up going to Lagoon, but it just isn't the same. BOOOHOOOO!!!!!

4 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Good seeing you on Monday! We are going to Knottsberry farm in a couple of weeks. Its ALOT cheaper that D-land and I think its just as fun! They have some good pkgs on their website. Your girls sure have grown up alot in 1 year!

Jolee said...

Your girls are so pretty! They have changed so much since the last time I saw them. That's great that they love dance! We took tap while we were little and it was really fun!

Oh and I completely agree with you about gas...it is ridiculous! Anyway hope you guys are doing well.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Oh they HAVE grown so much, that is a good idea to take end of year pics and first day picks! I'll have to do that next year!

Sometimes JetBlue has great deals from Vegas to LongBeach which isn't far from Disneyland...you have to buy in advance...but you should look out for them for next year...Fall sales usually and Spring sales!

Channa said...

What cute girls! It's amazing how in only a school year they can all of a sudden look so grown up. I love checking in to see all the fun classes and activities they are involved with. Hope you guys are doing great!