I haven't really posted much about our adoption experience since our fiasco in April. After the whole situation with our first birthmom, I kept having this feeling that we weren't with the right agency. Not to go into a lot of detail, there were a few things that our first agency did that I didn't completely agree with. Anyways, I started feeling like maybe we should find another agency to work with. I asked around and the agency, Heart and Soul, kept coming up. I found a few others who had adopted through them and they had a great experience. I called Heart and Soul on April 23, sent our paperwork on April 28th and got a call on April 30th that they had a potential birthmom for us. We talked to her on April 3oth and got a call from the agency on May 1st that our birthmom, Rebecca, had chose us. We were (and are) cautiously excited. She is from Little Rock, Arkansas. We were given her phone number and have talked to her weekly since our first phone call. At first we were told she was due June 14th, but now her date has been pushed back to July 17th. She is scheduled to be induced on July 7th. She is now in Utah waiting to deliver. Her 18 month old son, Dayun, and her boyfriend, Malcom, are here with her. She is in Layton right now. We had the pleasure of meeting her when we were in SLC. We went to dinner on Friday and then took them out for dessert on Saturday. We really like her a lot. Brielle and Lainey LOVED Dayun. Malcom was great too. Keep your fingers crossed that everything works out. Here are some pics.....
Brielle, Dayun and Lainey



9 comments:
I hope everything works out for you. We will keep you in our prayers. Can't wait to see you on July 5th. Holy cow we are getting old :)
Wow, I'm actually nervous for you. I can't imagine what you're feeling. We are keeping our fingers crossed for you and hope that all goes well. Keep us posted!
That is SO exciting for you and your family! I hope all goes well and works out. Keep us posted!
I am so excited for you guys. I hope that everything goes through... If your little guy looks anything like Dayun he will be gorgeous. What a darling little boy he is! You have been busy posting stuff, it looks life your trip to SLC was good. That is a great idea! Not too far from home, but just far enough!
Wow he is handsome! that is going to be SO awesome...I'll pray that it all works out for you...we will have to come up and visit after he is all settled and everything!
I loved all the posts...your family vacation looked like fun...and poor Lainey not getting her shark! :)
Yea!! What an exciting time! Good luck and keep up posted :)
Hi Fullmers. We are excited for you! Nothing in the world is as wonderful as a new baby. I'll keep in touch with your mom, Travis, so we know right away!
July 7th I'm so excited! I'll have to make him a little outfit! Your girls are so dang cute and photogenic in all the pics.
I am so excited for you guys Jillynne! I pray it will all work out for you. Can't wait to see the pictures. I am so sad I won't be at the reunion to see you. Good luck!!
amy
Post a Comment