Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Life Goes On...

This has to be my motto now, "Life Goes On". Let me just update you on what's happened. Last Monday we had pretty much said "ADIOS" to the idea of getting Denkia's baby and I was actually feeling pretty good. On Wednesday evening I was getting my hair done and I got a call from our case worker. To make a long story short, Denika had told the agency that she just couldn't choose an adoptive family for her baby, so she wanted the agency to do it for her, so they picked us. I was in shock and my hairdresser, Lindsey, can be a witness that I was literally shaking. I was cautiously excited. I called Travis and he was excited too. The baby was going to be born on April 16th and since Denika now wanted a closed adoption, we would have to wait until Saturday, April 19th to pick him up. Lots of things were running through our heads, but we were happy. The agency e-mailed us our contract on Thursday and we had 48 hours to wire them half of our money. Since the 48 hours would have been on Saturday, we were given until Monday to do this. On Saturday, Travis and I went up to a Jazz game. On Sunday morning we were driving back to Cedar and I get a call on my cell from our case worker again. She tells me that a situation has come up and she needs to tell me about it. On Saturday night she starts getting these text messages from a number she didn't know. She finally finds out they are from Denika. So she gets in contact with Denika and asks her if everything is okay. Denika then tells her that she's heard that the agency had found an adoptive family for her baby and now wants to put her 3 year old daughter, Arianna, up for adoption. WOW, never in our wildest dreams did we see that one coming. So our case worker tells us that Denika wants the baby and 3 year old to stay together. I just couldn't believe it and told her that I didn't think we could do that. Our case worker told me that she'd be in touch and hung up. I proceeded to tell Travis what I had been told and his couldn't believe it either. He and I both agreed that the financial part of it and then trying to bond with a 3 year old that had been given up for adoption by her mother probably wouldn't be the best for us or our girls. Our case worker called me on Monday to tell me that the agency decided that the kids definately have to stay together. Anyhoo, now we just have to wait for another birth mom. I am disappointed but in this whole adoption thing, you just have to keep reminding yourself that YOUR baby will come when he is suppose too. The agency has a couple of birthmoms coming in May, so I guess we'll see what happens.

This adoption thing has been very emotional, but I have to say that's it has definately had it's good parts too. One of the great things is that I've been able to be in contact with some people who have gone or are going through the adoption process. Tina and her family lived on our street out in Enoch and was even my visiting teacher at one time. They are trying to adopt right now and it's been good to be able to talk to someone, or in our case E-MAIL someone who knows about all of these emotions. Betsey is someone I went to high school with and I actually contacted her through my class website. She has an adoptive daughter (who is so dang cute) and has been so helpful to me and has given me a lot of good info/advice. My friend Chari, who is adopted herself and both of her kids are adopted too has been a big help. I just call her with any questions, and she has the anwers. She is just like a sister to me. We laugh sometimes because the only thing she knows about her birthmom is that she was 17 when Chari was born in 1969. Well, my mom was 17 in 1969 and we joke "What If". Just kidding mom, I know it couldn't be. My mom and dad have been AWESOME and so have Travis' parents. It's been fun to see how excited our parents are getting about this adoption thing too. We are so blessed.

One last thing, I just have to let you know how much I LOVE MY GIRLS!! They are such a blessing to me. Brielle and Lainey, please know that your brother is going to come soon. I know it's hard, but we have to be patient and wait for OUR brother. And Travis has been such a rock. I honestly don't know how I managed to get such a GREAT husband, but I'm so glad I did.

We went to a new park last weekend. Here are a few pics of the girls!!





4 comments:

Kindra said...

Wow Jillynne! I hope the best for you! I know things will work out when they're supposed to. I am so excited for your family. Thanks for keeping us posted... your blog is great!

Tina said...

It has been so good for us to talk with you guys through this whole experience. It's crazy how life's little trials seem to happen to so many people that have the same things in common. Keep your heads up and keep us posted.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Seriously you are SO strong! I don't know if I could handle the ups and downs of the emotional rollercoaster you have been on! I look up to you a lot! I love reading your blog!

Your girls look like they are a bunch of fun! If you even come down our way, you should try the new Heritage Park out by Hidden Valley (North of Bloomington Walmart). It's a huge Park and has a splash pad connected to it! I can't wait to try it out in the summer...right now they just play on the toys!

Danny& Stephanie said...

Jillyn and Travis, This is Danny Torgersen. I went to high school with Travis back in the day. He graduated with my sister Lindy a year before i did. Saw your blog on the Pace's blog.
I read somewhere on your blog that Travis is going to a Piute Highschool reunion for his class combined with a couple other classes in July..???? Do you have any other information about that? If so, please let me know. I'd appreciate it. Just send it to danny.nru@gmail.com . Thanks.
And by the way Travis, thanks for your service to the country.

Danny