Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Random Thoughts

Not much has been happening here. We're all wishing Spring would get here. Yesterday was so beautiful, but now there is supposed to be a series of storms for the next couple of days!!! AHHH, I just want to be able to wear capris and flip-flops.

Spring soccer is starting for the girls. Brielle had her first practice yesterday and Lainey will practice next week. They will both miss their first game because it's the same day as their dance competition in St George. That is also the day they are suppose to get their soccer pics taken too. Both of their coaches have said that they will call the photographer and reschedule. From now to May our life will be a little hectic, but that's okay. We enjoy HECTIC!!!

I just got asked last night to play on a womens softball team. Should be fun. I haven't played for years so we'll see what happens. My fear is striking out or tripping as I'm running to first which is definately something I'm capable of!!!!

We are getting a DVR today. I'm so excited about it. I swear we're the only ones around without it. I think Travis will like it too. We are switching from DirectTV to DishNetwork. Travis is excited because he is going to have the Outdoor Channel and he loves watching that.

My 15 year class reunion is coming up in July. I enjoyed high school and it will be fun to go and see everyone. We have this cool website for our class and it's been fun reading about what everyone has been up too during the past 15 years. Travis' class didn't have a 15 year reunion so this year they are having a combined class reunion. 1991, 1992 and 1993 will be having one big reunion. Travis said he isn't sure if he's going, but I told him we were going. His is on July 3 and mine is on July 5.

All of our papers are in for the adoption. Now we just wait!! Lainey asked me yesterday when her brother was coming. I told her that I wasn't sure, but when she said her prayers, she could ask Heavenly Father to help that her brother will come quick. She thought that was a good idea. In case you don't know, we are planning on adopting an African-American baby boy. We couldn't be more excited. Travis has been thinking of names. It's been so fun.

Well I guess that's all for now.

7 comments:

Kindra said...

I am so excited your adopting!

Sundi @ The Life of a Cheap Chickadee said...

How do you like your DVR? Has it made you a better parent yet? j/k Your daughter is sitting here right next to me and she thinks that the first song on my blog playlist is so funny so you will have to play it for her at home.

Tina said...

I ran into your blog through the Halterman's. How exciting that you're adopting. We're in the same boat right now, just waiting. Keep in touch and let us know how it goes.

Brooklyn said...

I just got a DVR and I love it!!! Hey Dave's sister adopted a baby, her blog is on my page, the Dunlavy family. He is almost 8 months, his name is Max, and he is so precious. Check out her blog to see my cute wittle nephew. They were going thru LDS services but they waited so long they ended up going thru heart to heart, the link is on her page. Anyways hope all is well. Leave me a comment sometime...no one ever does!!! boohoo!

Brooklyn said...

I just got a DVR and I love it!!! Hey Dave's sister adopted a baby, her blog is on my page, the Dunlavy family. He is almost 8 months, his name is Max, and he is so precious. Check out her blog to see my cute wittle nephew. They were going thru LDS services but they waited so long they ended up going thru heart to heart, the link is on her page. Anyways hope all is well. Leave me a comment sometime...no one ever does!!! boohoo!

Brooklyn said...

We are having the baptism's on May 3rd. Dave found out he was never made a priest when he was young so he is getting that done in April and baptism's in May! So he will be doing it so we are happy about that! Hope you all can come!!!

Enoch Literacy Specialists said...

Your blog is very cute- I love the layout! It's great if you add us to your list- I am adding you to mine- do you like how I borrowed your quote! I loved it!