June 21, 2006 was one of the greatest days of my life. After 17 months of not knowing what to expect each day, my soldier finally came home. I think about that day a lot. I hope from these pictures, you can see what an unbelievable day it was!!
We live in the GREATEST country in the world and I hope every American believes that with all of their hearts.
Before we left for the airport. We had fun decorating our house.
The girls waiting for their dad and HERO!
Finally, the plane landed and went thru an arch of water!
During the deployment, I tried so hard to stay positive and up-beat for my kids and Travis. But when I saw that plane land, I lost it (you can't tell because I have sunglasses on). I couldn't believe that we (Travis, my girls and I) had made it! A flood of relief just swept over me! And Lainey started crying because I was crying. She's so sweet!
We were told to stay behind the yellow tape and wait for our soldier. Heck with that! I told my girls to grab my hands because we were running to Travis and that's just what we did! Yes, we're REBELS!
Awww, together at last! Loved this moment.
I couldn't of made it through the whole deployment without my GIRLS! I'm so lucky to be their mom. And boy, do they LOVE their dad!! They made those signs for them a few days before he came home.
The Fullmer's and the Roper's. Travis roomed with Jason in Ramadi. Jason's wife, Amy, and I became friends during the deployment. We had a nice set-up. If the phones in Ramadi were turned off, either Travis or Jason would let me or Amy know that they were okay. It made everything a lot easier.
I LOVE this picture of Travis. His face says it all!!
Getting ready to walk in a "Welcome Home" parade. Oh, did I mention the weather was AWESOME on this day! Perfect weather for a perfect day!
Walking down Main Street. So many people stood on the sides of the street waving flags, clapping and shedding tears of joy!
After the parade at the park!



7 comments:
Loved seeing all the pictures of that happy day! The girls have grown a lot and Cooper...what a handsome boy!
I can't believe the time has past so fast. I remember running when I saw Brock get off the plane... and just praying I didn't biff it... Oh it was one of the best days ever! Oh and I did see your hubby when we were there for Carter's tonsils!
That was the best day! So great to reflect upon it - seems like forever ago.
Hope you guys are having a great summer!
aaaahhhh I loved that. Thanks so much for sharing with us! :)
Wow. What a great reflection. I still remember how strong you were during that whole experience. I KNOW I couldn't have done it. I would have had to be locked up.
I remember seeing you guys in the welcome home parade and I CRIED! I was so happy for you to have your daddy back at home!
What a beautiful post! Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm constantly in awe of those families who sacrifice their togetherness for their country! What an example you are.
Post a Comment