Saturday, October 18, 2008

What's Up...

Wow, where does the time go? It's hard to believe it's October. The kids already have their Halloween costumes and are looking forward to Trick or Treating. Brielle is going to be Sharpay, Lainey is going to be Hannah Montana and Cooper is going to be a Mummy. Travis is leaving at the end of this month for about 4 weeks for military training in Texas. It's kind of bringing up those feelings again of when we were getting ready for him to leave for 18 months with his deployment to Iraq. But this will only be for 4 weeks, so I can do it!! Oh, Travis brought some peaches home last week that he had bought. He said he was going to make some jam. I thought, "Ya Right!!". Well he surprised me and actually made some delicious jam. We got about 36 bottles. He was very proud. I (Jillynne) have been busy cutting vinyl. I have 2 Super-Saturdays and 1 Enrichment Night.

Brielle has decided not to take dance this year. She is now taking violin lessons though. She does quite well. I'll have to take some pics of her playing and post them. Brielle is also becoming quite a tease. I get mad at her because she makes Lainey and Cooper cry because of her teasing, but the funny thing is that I used to do the exact same thing when I was younger. The girl is just like me!! I went to Brielle's SEP a couple of weeks ago and she is doing very well. She was having trouble at the first of the year, but her teacher has been very helpful and that is making Brielle feel a lot better about school.

Lainey lost another tooth. It was quite an ordeal, but she finally got it out. She is enjoying school. Her regular teacher, Mrs Prisbrey, has been out for 2 weeks because of surgery so her student teacher, Mrs Marchant, has been teaching the class. Lainey absolutely loves her. Wednesday was Mrs Marchant's last day in Lainey's class and Lainey has been so sad. She seriously cried for an hour on Wednesday about how she missed Mrs Marchant. We went to the park on Thursday night with Mrs Prisbrey and her daughter, Jayde. I asked Lainey if it was okay if Mrs Prisbrey was going to be her teacher again and Lainey grinned and said, "YES"!! I'm sure Lainey will be fine!

Cooper is so great!! We love him so much. He smiles all of the time and is almost rolling over!! He loves his hands and always has his tounge out. The kid makes us smile everyday. I've had a couple of people inquire about adoption. I love talking about it and encourage everyone who is interested in adopting to just do it!! It is one of the best things we've ever done!

Here are just some random pictures...

Cooper Smiling
On the mountain
Love this picture of Cooper
Mountain again!
Cousins. These babies are all born within a month of each other.
Lost Tooth!!
Funny kids
This is what too much formula can do to you!!
Brielle and Cooper at Lainey's soccer game
Cooper with a Cabbage Patch Kid Dodger hat!!

7 comments:

K,K and Tay said...

Hi Jillynne, this is Kara Spevak. My mother in law Claudine told me that you just adopted a really cute baby and I should check out your blog. I hope you don't care? Anyways he is darling! What a cutie. Im gonna add you to my friends lists so I can look at all the cute new pics of him, if that's okay? You should email me someday and we can swap adoption stories. zeezee30@msn.com It's always nice to talk to someone who understands what you went through..Talk to ya later

MaRilla said...

Jillyne, Its Marilla. Just thought I would stop by your blog from someone elses. Looks like you are all doing great. What a cute bunch. thanks for sharing.

Kindra said...

Your family is so cute. We miss living by you guys. Next time we come down we need to get together! :) I can't believe how big your girls are!

Channa said...

Wow! You guys sound so busy! Sounds like you are doing well though. These new pictures of Cooper are great - he is growing so fast!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Cooper is so cute...and your girls pictures on your sidebar and beautiful!!! Looks like you are doing well and everything is set for Halloween! :)

The Andersen Family said...

Hey!! I totally stalked your blog thru Allie's. That's hilarious! Yup add us to the list, we will add you too! Your family is stinkin' cute!
Ericka

Zach and Shanna said...

That picture of Cooper in the glasses is hysterical. And way to go Travis for making jam! Send your girls over anytime you need a break while he's gone.