Friday, September 3, 2010

And the Academy Award Goes To...

Lainey has wanted to be in a play for a long time. I heard about Playmakers at SUU from a friend of mine. It's a program put on by the Shakespearean Festival for young actors. It shows them basics of acting and lets them perform in a play. Lainey decided that she wanted to try it out and she had a blast. She had to tryout for a part in MacBeth and she got the part of Seyton. She practiced and memorized her lines so quick, I was impressed!! She and I were also able to attend a performance of "Much Ado About Nothing" at the Shakespearean Festival as part of the Playmakers class. I really enjoyed going to the play with Lainey and she had a good time too. On the day of her performance of Macbeth, she was nervous, but confident. She did really well and looks forward to doing other plays in the future. Great job Lainey!!










Bravo Lainey, Bravo!!!

0 comments: